Tuesday, November 14, 2006

En Guatemala!





Too much Spanish! Why didn´t someone make me learn a useful language when I was young and able to learn easily! I think I have been in Guatemala now for about 3.5 weeks, but have not bothered to keep track - all I know is that my command of the language is improving VERY slowly, I am doomed to at least a few more weeks of classes (luckily I am in the country for 10 weeks), and Antigua is a pleasant enough place to learn Spanish. Actually I have only had 9 days of instruction - Scott and Betty descended on me and we went into a manic 10 days of traveling and family activities (Betty is from around Guatemala City and has an extended family the size of several U.S. states). More on all that later... better to get a few random colorful photos on line in case anyone looks here for something new.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, nice start! Keep it up canche.

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gracias Charlie! Espero que tu español siga progresando. Sigue escribiendo y compartiendo las bellas fotos de mi querida y estrañada patria. Seeing the pictures made me all weepy, por ejemplo..keep it up and don't cut anybody'es hair.

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Zen Traveler! 10 weeks sounds like a fabulous trip. Looking forward to more pics and stories. - J

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey charlie!


my mom ( betty) told me u had a blog so i had to check it out!


the pictures are gorgeous and i am extremely , even beyond that, JEALOUS...i wish i could have gone!


hope you had just as much of a fabulous time as the country itself is fabulous!


take care!

=)

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charlie, drop me an email... headed to volcanoes in Ecuador in April.

e in NH

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home